Our therapeutic treatment focuses on reducing swelling and controlling pain.
What is Lymphedema?
Lymphedema is a condition that results from impaired flow of the lymphatic system, characterized by swelling in one or more extremities, but can also occur in other parts of the body (heads, necks, trunk and external genitalia).
Our treatment plan is as follows:
• Skin Care Regimen
• Manual Lymph Drainage
• Compression Therapy
Different types of Lymphedema:
- Primary Lymphedema – is an inherited type of lymphedema caused by a defect during the formation of the lymphatic system before birth.
- Secondary Lymphedema – is a type of lymphedema caused by damage to the lymphatic system due to cancer, surgery and radiation therapy.
Symptoms for developing Lymphedema:
- Heaviness and thickness of affected limb
- Pins and needles sensation
- Pain and decreased mobility in an affected joint
- Pitting edema (results from pressure applied with finger to swollen tissue)
Walk Ins • Same Day Appointments • Uninsured Patients
There is an individualized treatment plan for each patient
Clinical and Laboratory Procedures
- Skin Biopsies
- Incision, Skin and Subcutaneous Tissue
- Local excision lesion
- Examination of skin exudates for bacteria
- Dermatopathology (diagnosis and interpretation)
- Actinic Keratosis
- Athlete’s Foot
- Atopic Dermatosis (Eczema)
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Benign Tumor
- Candidiasis of Skin and Nails
- Carcinoma in Situ of Skin
- Foot Conditions
- Fungal Infections
- Genital Herpes
- Genital Warts
- Plantar Wart
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Seborrheic Dermatitis
- Skin Cancer screening
- Biopsy & Dermatopathology